World Hepatitis Day
World Hepatitis Day (WHD) takes places every year on 28 July bringing the world together under a single theme to raise awareness of the global burden of viral hepatitis and to influence real change. In 2021 the theme is ‘Hepatitis Can’t Wait’.
On World Hepatitis Day, 28 July, we call on people from across the world to take action and raise awareness of hepatitis because Hepatitis Can’t Wait. With a person dying every 30 seconds from a hepatitis related illness – even in the current COVID-19 crisis – we can’t wait to act on viral hepatitis.
• People living with viral hepatitis unaware can’t wait for testing
• People living with hepatitis can’t wait for life saving treatments
• Expectant mothers can’t wait for hepatitis screening and treatment
• Newborn babies can’t wait for birth dose vaccination
• People affected by hepatitis can’t wait to end stigma and discrimination
• Community organisations can’t wait for greater investment
• Decision makers can’t wait and must act now to make hepatitis elimination a reality through political will and funding.