Medicare Plan Finder Training Series
Medicare Open Enrollment:
Medicare Plan Finder (MPF) Training Series
Thursday, October 12, 2023 | 2:00-3:30 pm ET
ACL is offering a 2023 Medicare Open Enrollment Medicare Plan Finder (MPF) training series with two parts.
Part one requires self-paced study using on-demand, recorded video demonstrations of the Medicare Plan Finder. These videos will be available in the SHIP Resource Library around October 9, and there will be an announcement.
The videos will demonstrate:
· Conducting Medicare Advantage (Part C) and Medicare Drug Plan (Part D) comparisons
· Navigating duplicate pharmacies entries
· Locating information about sanctioned plans
· Recognizing a suppressed plan
· Locating Medicare Advantage provider networks
· Capturing Part D Enrollment Outcomes documentation
· Handling Extra Help status inaccuracies
On Thursday, October 12, from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. ET, ACL will host a live webinar.
It will address the following topics:
· Best practices for preparing for an in-person or remote session with a beneficiary
· Administration for Community Living (ACL) guidance on Medicare.gov accounts
· How to report Medicare Plan Finder (MPF) questions and concerns
· 30 minutes of live MPF Q&A with a “Stump the Chump” theme, inspired by Car Talk’s Stump the Chump segment that diagnosed car trouble on air. In some segments, the chumps answered questions in the live show, but in others, more research and later follow-up was required.
To ensure the questions you want answered are included in this live session, and to help the “chump” prepare, be sure to submit MPF questions by 10/9/23 to the [email protected] mailbox.
(P.S. If you didn’t listen to Car Talk on Saturday mornings through 2012 when the chumps retired, episodes are now available via podcast at www.cartalk.com/radio/our-show)
Speaker: Melissa Simpson, Administration for Community Living (ACL), also known as “The Chump”
Audience: The on-demand videos and live event are intended for SHIP counselors and other SHIP team members who need access to the information presented. As a reminder, registration for the October 12 webinar is available now. The on-demand videos will be available in the SHIP Resource Library on or around October 9th. Stay tuned for an announcement when the on-demand videos are available.
If you need Spanish captioning or American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation for this webinar, please email [email protected]. We cannot promise we will be able to accommodate your request unless you contact us two weeks before the event.
Servicios de interpretación
Si necesita subtítulos en español o interpretación de la lengua de signos estadounidense (ASL, por sus siglas en inglés) para este seminario web, por favor mande un correo electrónico a [email protected]. No podemos prometerle que podremos atender su solicitud a menos que se comunique con nosotros dos semanas antes del evento.
New to SHIP TA Center Webinars?
The SHIP and SMP centers use Zoom for our online events. For tips about using Zoom, click here.
For the best attendee experience, please make sure you have the current version of Zoom software downloaded to your computer before each event you attend. To download the current version of Zoom, click here.
Zoom requires event passwords, which should fill in automatically. Contact the SHIP TA Center at [email protected] if you experience issues with the password auto-filling.
Who Receives SHIP TA Center Webinar Announcements?
SHIP TA Center announcements are sent to people registered to access the password-protected area of www.shiphelp.org who also have the “Add to Center Distribution List” box checked on their profile. Announcements are also role-based, depending upon the intended audience for each event. If you are uncertain about your user role or wish to change whether or not to receive SHIP TA Center publications, log in at https://portal.shiptacenter.org/Login.aspx and select “My Profile.” Note that some events are also advertised to SMP and MIPPA grantees by the SMP Center or by NCOA, depending upon the topic.