Back to school with good mental health
Make your child’s mental health a focus of back-to-school season.
Adolescence is already a confusing time without added concerns about social media, safety in schools, staying healthy, family financial security, and loss of loved ones—so we shouldn’t be surprised that the rates of anxiety, depression, suicide, and other mental health conditions are on the rise.
Free Back to School Toolkit
MHA’s Back to School Toolkit – developed each year and released in mid-August in anticipation of the start of the new school year – provides free resources, tools, tips, and information on early identification themes and Before Stage 4 messaging.
Others Back to School Mental Health Resources:
- Mental Health Resources for Kids, Teens and Young Adults – NAMI
- Educator Back to School Wellness Guide – NAMI
- Campus Mental Health Resources Poster – NAMI
- Video: Heading Back to School (A Student, Parent & Educator) – NAMI
- Adolescent and School Mental Health – CDC
- Mental Health Resources for Educators – Teach for America
- 50 Resources (Podcasts, Books, Articles & More) to Support the Mental Health of Teachers and School Staff – Teach.com
- Leveraging the Power of Social and Emotional Learning as You Prepare to Reopen and Renew Your School Community – CASEL
- Report: What We Know About Student Mental Health and the Pandemic – Education Week
- Mental Health Resources for High School and College Students – The JED Foundation