September 28|3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
The Child Tax Credit: Ensuring Successful and Equitable Implementation
HRSA has invited representatives from The White House and the U.S. Department of the Treasury to help awardees understand the Child Tax Credit, with a particular focus on enrolling families that may not usually file taxes. Join a one-hour session for an overview of the Child Tax Credit and instructions on how to help enroll families using the Non-Filer Portal. (Non-filers must register for the benefit by October 15!)
NACHC Draft Marketing Language Re: the Tax Credit
- Did you know that many of your patients may be eligible for the new advance child tax credit, even if they have little or no income?
- Sign up by October 15th and families could receive a total of $3,600 for children 5 and younger and $3,000 for those 6 through 17.
- Eligible families who filed a 2019 or 2020 income-tax return automatically started getting their monthly payments in July.
- For people who don’t normally file tax returns and want monthly advance payments, the deadline to use the “non-filer sign-up tool” is Oct. 15.
- If the October 15 deadline is missed, a family can still get the full expanded credit, but only after filing a 2021 return next year.
- See the link at https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/child-tax-credit-non-filer-sign-up-tool to sign up.
- For more information or FAQ, see the Children’s Defense Funds’ Child Tax Credit Resources webpage: https://www.childrensdefense.org/child-tax-credit-resources/.