How can you become an advocate?
Get to know your legislators.
Find out who represents your area at the state and national levels. Visit them, email them, or call them when there is legislation that could affect the way your community health center cares for its patients.
- Your CHC's local representatives in the Indiana General Assembly
- Indiana’s representatives to the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate
- Governor Eric Holcomb and his administration
Research the issues.
When working with legislators, it is important to give priority to the most pressing issues impacting Hoosier health.
- Stay informed by tracking the progress of bills online
- Learn about current legislative issues
- Tell your story. Nothing is as powerful as your experience. Tell lawmakers that community health centers are critical to the health of Indiana's economy. Tell them what health care professionals are doing every day to make Indiana a better place to live and work.
Click button to register with Phone 2 Action as an IPHCA advocate!
IPHCA joins Phone 2 Action - make your voice heard!
To bolster advocacy efforts, IPHCA has joined the Phone2Action platform for both state and federal legislative efforts.
Phone2Action is a comprehensive digital engagement and communications platform for grassroots advocacy, public affairs, and government relations.
Using Phone2Action technology, IPHCA will create campaigns to encourage our members to support, advocate and engage with lawmakers on behalf of our community health centers.
Please take a moment to sign up as an advocate by clicking the Register button.
When IPHCA needs your help with action on a cause, you will receive a text message or email that will allow you to send our message to your legislators with a click of a button!