How can you become an advocate?
Get to know your legislators.
Find out who represents your area at the state and national levels. Visit them, email them, or call them when there is legislation that could affect the way your community health center cares for its patients.
- Your CHC's local representatives in the Indiana General Assembly
- Indiana’s representatives to the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate
- Governor Eric Holcomb and his administration
Research the issues.
When working with legislators, it is important to give priority to the most pressing issues impacting Hoosier health.
- Stay informed by tracking the progress of bills online
- Learn about current legislative issues
- Tell your story. Nothing is as powerful as your experience. Tell lawmakers that community health centers are critical to the health of Indiana's economy. Tell them what health care professionals are doing every day to make Indiana a better place to live and work.